Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Making A New Linocut Edition: Corner Of Pico and Union

Right now I am about to sign and number my second linocut edition Corner Of Pico And Union, and I couldn't be more happy with it. Master Printmaker Noel Hernandez at Self Help Graphics in L.A. is collaborating with me on the printing process. Of course I drew and carved the linocut on my own.
I can't recommend printing at Self Help Graphics enough. They have a long legendary track record in developing Latino artists in the L.A. area. 
Study for the final print
Above is a study I did on location in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Pico Union for the print. I later auctioned this small sketch off in my online auctions.
Noel applying the ink to the block I carved.
inked and on the press
The edition is now complete and drying on the rack

Shot of a final Artist Proof of this edition by Leo Jimenez


No comments:

Post a Comment