Friday, May 29, 2009

I Find It Hard To Say (Rebel)

This is a song that has blessed me over the last few weeks. It was written for a specific situation (Amadou Diallo), but I find it to be true as I take a step back and look at humanity in general. The thought of everyone waking up from their comfort and rebeling against the ways of this world is beautiful to me. Please wake up and seek Heaven in the here and now. Don't wait for it, and don't try to define it. Let God define you.
I Find It Hard To Say (Rebel)
by: Lauryn Hill 
I find it hard to say, that everything is alright Don't look at me that way, like everything is alright Cuz my own eyes can see, through all your false pretenses But what you fail to see, is all the consequences You think our lives are cheap, and easy to be wasted As history repeats, so foul you can taste it And while the people sleep, too comfortable to face it His life so incomplete, and nothing can replace it And while the people sleep, too comfortable to face it Your lives so incomplete, and nothing can replace it Fret not thyself I say, against these laws of man Cuz like the Bible says, His blood is on their hands And what I gotta say, and what I gotta say, is rebel While today is still today, choose well And what I gotta say, is rebel, it can't go down this way Choose well, choose well, choose well... ...choose well, choose well, choose well And while the people sleep, too comfortable to face it Your lives are so incomplete, and nothing, and no one, can replace it No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no And what I gotta say, and what I gotta say And what I gotta say, and what I gotta say And what I gotta say, and what I gotta say And what I gotta say, and what I gotta say Is rebel... rebel, rebel, rebel, rebel, rebel, rebel Rebel, rebel, rebel, rebel, rebel Repent, the day is far too spent, rebel... rebel! Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up... Wake up and rebel We must destroy in order to rebuild Wake up, you might as well Oh are you... oh are you satisfied Oh are you satisfied Rebel... ohhh rebel Why don't you rebel, why don't you rebel? Why don't you rebel?

No comments:

Post a Comment